Akai, the industry standard in modern music production, proudly introduces the MPC500. As the newest addition to the music production center (MPC) family, the battery-powered MPC500 now gives everyone the ability to take this popular compositional tool anywhere they go.
Portable and battery-powered, the MPC500 is further evidence of Akai's market leadership in giving professional musicians and producers products that meet the needs of their increasingly mobile lifestyles. Its unmatched functionality offers drum programming, sequencing and sampling capabilities that allow artists the luxury of creating music on the go in a compact road worthy chassis.
The MPC500 is data compatible with both the MPC1000 and the MPC2500 and has both line and microphone inputs for sampling your own sounds.
Other enhancements include a mass storage-class USB port, which makes it easier than ever to store a massive amount of sample and sequencer data. With the addition of the built-in compact flash drive, musicians and producers will have greater access than ever to all sounds and sequencer data.
Additional functionality has :
- A 32-voice drum/phrase sampler with up to 128MB RAM
- Pattern-based 48-track sequencer allowing users to assign a different program on each track or record MIDI data to be sent to an external sound module
- Renowned MPC style pressure sensitive pads including 12 levels and full level features
- Built-in Analog I/O with switchable Mic/Line inputs, stereo headphone output and MIDI I/O
- Support for standard WAV files and MIDI sequences
- Internal sounds in flash with on-board stereo and master effects
- A low-pass filter with resonance per voice capability
"The MPC500 moves music production technology to a new place, giving the professional recording and production industry a new mobile sense of control," said Jack O'Donnell, Akai CEO. "A powerful, compact unit, our new portable addition to the MPC family gives musicians and producers the ability to sample and create on the go. We are pleased to bring the MPC500 to our lineup of cutting edge musical technologies."
Akai's MPC500 is the first truly portable all-in-one Music Production Center. Affording artists the ability to sample and create music on-the-go, the MPC500 offers many of the same features users have grown to love in the MPC line. From rock solid sequencing and programming to expandable memory and storage options, the MPC500 is only small in physical size. Compatible with other MPC products, the MPC500 extends users' studios to fit in with their mobile lifestyles.
- Display: 2 x 16 character LCD w/back light
- Memory card slot:Compact Flash (The size of the compact flash card that MPC500 can handle is from32MB to 2GB)
- Dimensions: 266mm x 175mm x 44mm
- Weight: 1.34 kg
- Power requirement: 12v DC 600mA (negative tip)
- Battery life: Approximately 4.5 hours of continuous use with LCD backlight ON.
- Sampling rate: 44.1kHz
- Memory capacity: 16MB standard (11.5MB for sound memory), expandable to 128MB
- Recording time: 136sec. (16MB, MONO) or 24m28sec. (128MB, MONO)
- Memory expansion slot: 1 x for optional EXM128
- Data format: 16-bit linear
- Polyphony: up to 32 (dependent on processing)
- Dynamic filtering: 2-pole lowpass filter per voice
- Preset sound memory: 5MB
- Number of programs: 24
- Effects: 2 stereo effects and Master effect
- Effect type: Chorus, Flanger, Bit grunger, 4 band EQ, Compressor, Phase shifter, Tremolo,
- Flying pan, Reverb, Delay
- Master effect: 4 band EQ, Compressor
- Maximum events: 100,000 notes
- Resolution: 96 parts per 1/4-note
- Sequences: 99
- Tracks per sequence: 48
- MIDI output channels: 16
- Song mode: 20 songs, 250 steps per song
- Drum pad: 12 (velocity and pressure sensitive)
- Drum pad banks: 4
- Sync mode: MIDI clock
- Record input (L and R): 1/4-inch stereo phone x 2, pseudo balanced -40dBu, input impedance 9k ohm
- Max. Input level: +10dBu
- Stereo output (L and R): 1/4-inch phone x 2 pseudo balanced +11dBu, output impedance 1k Ohms,
- Max. Output level: +5 dBu
- Phones output: 1/4-inch stereo phone x 1, 200mW / 100 ohms
- MIDI inputs: 1 x 5-pin DIN
- MIDI outputs: 1 x 5-pin DIN
- USB: Slave connector x 1, USB MASS STORAGE CLASS support (Windows 2000/ME/XP or later version, or Mac OS 9.x/10.x or later version.)
- MPC1000: SEQ, WAV, PGM
- MPC2000/2000XL: SEQ, WAV, SND, PGM (Most parameters of PGM file can be loaded.)
- MPC2500: SEQ, WAV, PGM
- MPC4000: SEQ, WAV, PGM (DRUM program only. Only note assign and tune are loaded.)
- MPC3000: SND (THRU Computer)
- Z4/Z8: WAV, PGM (DRUM program only. Only note assign and tune are loaded.)
- S5000/6000: WAV only (THRU Computer)
AKAI Professional warrants its products to be free from defects for 1 year from the date of purchase.
FOR SUPPORT WITH YOUR PRODUCT CONTACT: